In order to maintain the order of columns in SQL we require 2 steps
Disable the “Prevent saving changes that require the table re-creation“
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the navigation pane of the Options window, click Designers.
- Select or clear the Prevent saving changes that require the table re-creation check box, and then click OK.
To change the column order
- In Object Explorer, right-click the table with columns you want to reorder and select Design.
- Select the box to the left of the column name that you want to reorder.
- Drag the column to another location within the table.
Here is the quick video